At WizzDev are looking for a self-starting, enthusiastic Python software engineer who finds passion in working on complex scientific and engineering problems. The role requires working with various embedded systems projects in the area of robotics and Internet of Things software – from design to production. A high level of creativity and problem solving will be essential to define, analyse and visualize the sequencing data and associated metrics.
You should have a practical, self-motivated approach to your work, feeling comfortable with working in a small, dynamic start-up environment. We are looking for people with a passion for their work – people who strive for exceptional results and who can deliver pragmatic solutions on time. The ideal candidate also likes to contribute to solving problems outside their field of immediate expertise and is an effective communicator in English.
Required qualifications and experience:
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics, Telecommunication, Electronics Engineering, or equivalently technical discipline, or 2 years of commercial experience,
- Minimum of 2 years of full-time software development experience using Python is a must,
- Strong communication skills and practical use of written and spoken English,
- Confident primarily in Windows but also in Linux environment and Git source code repository,
- Understand and demonstrate skills in one of the following areas: machine learning, motor control, robotics, real-time signal processing.
Experience in the following areas would be advantageous:
- Working knowledge of advanced Python, including, PyCharm and NumPy
- Experience with the following libraries is a great advantage: PySide2, PyQt, Pyplot, Scikit-learn,
- Understanding of the threading limitations of Python, and multi-process architecture,
- Extensive experience in designing, developing hardware control software,
- Knowledge of machine learning/AI methods,
- Understanding of Cloud architecture e.g.: Amazon AWS.
- Participation in exciting global projects,
- Contact with the variety of newest technologies,
- Great opportunity for personal development,
- Friendly work atmosphere,
- Possibility of remote work (participation to be agreed during the recruitment interview),
- Frequent department integrations (sports and entertainment),
- A long collaboration based on the UoP/ B2B model.
Our Company is a tobacco-free campus. Are you willing and able to abide by this policy?
Recruitment Process: COVID19 Notice: During the pandemic, we extensively promote work from home and online socializing with colleagues. Traveling to our customers is not possible. Our recruitment process includes:
- resume and cover letter in English
- two Google Chat/Hangout interviews in English
Please email your CV, making a note of your salary expectations and availability in the email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title and your name in the subject line.
Include the following legal clause somewhere in your CV:
“I hereby authorize the processing of my personal data included in my job application for the needs of recruitment processes at WizzDev sp. z o.o. sp.k. in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27.04.2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, as well as repealing Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive).”
If you wish to stay in touch with us in the future, please attach the following formula as well:
“In addition, I authorize the processing of my personal data included in my job application for the needs of future recruitment processes at WizzDev sp. z o.o. sp.k.”