Who are we looking for now?
Even during your studies it is worthwhile to acquire professional experience. After all, it depends on how well you can apply your knowledge.
We are currently seeking an energetic, responsible student trainees to join our team. In this position, we will involve you directly in current projects. Particularly welcome are students of the technical and natural sciences such as robotics, physics, electrical engineering, or computer science.
Do you have time to work at least 10 hours per week in addition to your technical or scientific studies and would like to gain practical experience in an interesting business environment? Then apply as a working student.
Bachelor’s / Master’s thesis
Our trainees research a topic for their thesis and work directly in the department. Possible fields of study are the natural sciences and engineering sciences as well as business administration.
Software Engineer C++, Robotics
The role and responsibilities
We are looking for a self-starting, enthusiastic C++ software engineer who finds passion working on complex scientific and engineering problems. The role requires developing and maintaining a high-throughput hardware control software, data handling (new file formats), visualization and orchestration. A high level of creativity and problem solving will be essential to define, analyse and visualize the sequencing data and associated metrics.
Specific activities include:
- Develop hardware control software which needs to interact with microcontrollers and FPGAs.
- Design hardware control solution and analysis of electronic architecture specification.
- Drive the software through the full life cycle, including software requirements, design, implementation, testing and maintenance using the Agile development methodologies
You should have a practical, self-motivated approach to your work, feeling comfortable with working in a small, dynamic start-up environment. We are looking for people with a passion for their work – people who strive for exceptional results and who can deliver pragmatic solutions on time. The ideal candidate also likes to contribute to solving problems outside their field of immediate expertise and is an effective communicator in English.
Required qualifications and experience
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Robotics, Telecommunication, Electronics Engineering, or equivalently technical discipline, or a minimum of 2 years of software product development experience
- Minimum of 1 year of solid software development experience using C++ is a must
- Understand and demonstrate skills in one of the following areas: real-time signal processing, control theory, optimisation and machine learning
- Confident in a Linux and Windows environment and Git source code repository
- Clear communication skills and practical use of written and spoken English
Experience in the following areas would be advantageous
- Understanding of Embedded Linux architecture e.g.: Yocto, Ubuntu
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and hardware control software
- Working knowledge of advanced C++, including, Qt, CMake, GTest and Valgrind
- ARM, FPGA, DSP, CUDA or GPU processor-based platform development
- Experience of bare-metal embedded development and OOD for embedded systems
- Past development experience in the USB device/host end application
- Experience with scientific Python libraries – PySide, SciPy, NumPy, Pandas
- Experience of the process requirements, documentation and traceability needed for regulated development (Preferably, IEC 62304, 510k, e.g. military / safety-critical)
- Practical knowledge about the Internet of Things communication protocols
- Knowledge of machine learning/AI methods is a plus
While our team is located in the WizzDev headquarters, Jeżyce in Poznań, you will also work with clients in the EU/UK.
Our Company is a tobacco-free campus. Are you willing and able to abide by this policy?
We offer exciting projects, a competitive compensation package to successful candidates, and long term collaboration based on the B2B model. Please email your CV, making a note of your salary expectations and availability in the email to email@example.com quoting the job title and your name in the subject line.
Include the following legal clause somewhere in your CV:
“I hereby authorize the processing of my personal data included in my job application for the needs of recruitment processes at WizzDev sp. z o.o. sp.k. in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27.04.2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, as well as repealing Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive).”
If you wish to stay in touch with us in the future, please attach the following formula as well:
“In addition, I authorize the processing of my personal data included in my job application for the needs of future recruitment processes at WizzDev sp. z o.o. sp.k.”