We at WizzDev are looking for a self-starting, enthusiastic IoT Embedded Software C/C++/Python engineer who finds passion in working on complex engineering and scientific problems. The role requires working with our clients to develop various Internet of Things software from design to production. A high level of creativity and problem solving will be essential to define, analyze, and develop software for microcontrollers. Next, integrate it with cloud platforms and/or middleware. Finally, work with mobile app developers and web developers to provide a user interface.
Your key responsibilities:
- Design and development of firmware which communicates with IoT cloud platforms and mobile applications
- Design hardware control solution and analysis of electronic architecture specification,
- Drive the software through the full life cycle, including software requirements, design, implementation, testing, and maintenance using the Agile development methodologies,
- Engage in IoT product launch activities: developing factory testing units, CE Mark, OTA strategy
- Develop hardware control software which needs to interact with microcontrollers and FPGAs,
- Manage projects by providing technical analysis and act as a technical contact for stakeholders.
You should have a practical, self-motivated approach to your work, feeling comfortable with working in a small, dynamic start-up environment. We are looking for people with a passion for their work – people who strive for exceptional results and who can deliver pragmatic solutions on time. The ideal candidate also likes to contribute to solving problems outside their field of immediate expertise and is an effective communicator in English.
Required qualifications and experience:
- MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Robotics, Telecommunication, Electronics Engineering, or equivalently technical discipline, or a minimum of 2 years of software product development experience,
- Minimum of 2 years of solid software development experience using C/C++ is a must,
- Strong communication skills and practical use of written and spoken English is a must,
- Understand and demonstrate skills in one of the following areas: microprocessors programming, IoT systems, real-time signal processing, control theory, robotics,
- Confident primarily in Linux but also in Windows environment and Git source code repository.
Experience in the following areas would be advantageous (nice to have):
- Working knowledge of advanced C/C++, including, Qt, CMake, GTest and Valgrind,
- ARM (STM32) and Espressif (ESP32) processor-based platform development, including RTOS,
- Extensive experience in designing, developing and hardware control software,
- Knowledge of HTTP/Wi-Fi and Bluetooth protocols, to communicate between IoT device and Android/iOS application e.g.: GPS, GPRS, MQTT, BLE, LoRa or Zigbee,
- Experience both with bare-metal embedded development and Arduino, FreeRTOS
- Past development experience in Internet of Things: AWS IoT Core, Azure IoT or Google Cloud IoT,
- Knowledge of machine learning/AI methods,
- Knowledge of languages: MicroPython, Python, Java, Objective-C, Swift will be a great plus,
- Understanding of Embedded Linux architecture e.g.: Yocto, Ubuntu,
- The ability to do develop or change Android or iOS applications will be a great bonus,
- Experience of the process requirements, documentation, and traceability needed for regulated development (Preferably, IEC 62304, 510k, e.g. military / safety-critical) is a big plus.
COVID19 Notice: During the pandemic, we extensively promote work from home and online socializing with colleagues. Our recruitment process includes:
- Resume and cover letter in English,
- Two Google Chat/Hangout interviews in English,
- Review of your source code samples.
Please email your CV, making a note of your salary expectations and availability in the email to email@example.com quoting the job title and your name in the subject line.
Include the following legal clause somewhere in your CV:
“I hereby authorize the processing of my personal data included in my job application for the needs of recruitment processes at WizzDev sp. z o.o. sp.k. in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of 27.04.2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, as well as repealing Directive 95/46/EC (Data Protection Directive).”
If you wish to stay in touch with us in the future, please attach the following formula as well:
“In addition, I authorize the processing of my personal data included in my job application for the needs of future recruitment processes at WizzDev sp. z o.o. sp.k.”